French manicure is the popular pink base of nails finished with pure white nail tips. Getting the perfect French nails with bright white tips takes a lot of practice. It’s usually not the quick “paint and go” manicure. The French manicure must be done with a lot of care. Dirty edges, pasty, thick tips, wavy lines, steaks or bumps do not result in a perfect French manicure.
Here are some trendy French manicure ideas that you can use to flaunt stylish and elegant nails.
How do you proceed?
For the procedure, you will need a few things like a nail file, hand moisturizer, cotton balls, a pusher, a nail polish remover, a clear coat, a white polish, and an opaque type of nail polish.
- The first step is to trim the nails. For the French manicure, it is advisable to keep the nails long.
- Shape your nails according to the shape you want, either square or rounded.
- The next step is to soak your nails in lukewarm water and use a cuticle pusher to push the cuticles back.
- Next, polish and clean your nails before applying the nail polish to the top. Remove any previous nail polishes and apply a clear layer of nail polish to protect your nails.
- Next, add the base color for the French tips. Apply three strokes from the center down to the sides of the nails.
- The next step is to apply the white strip to the tips of the nail. As a beginner, the strokes may not look smooth, but rather sturdy. Use duct tape to make well-defined curvy strokes.
- Apply this coat only after your base coat has dried. Finish it off with the clear coat. You can further decorate your nails with glitter, stones, decals, etc.
Trendy French manicure ideas
- If the length of your nail is short, highlight it with a thin fluorescent strip and bare base.
- For a dazzling yet classy effect, use golden tips along with a nude base color.