Looking for a chic African American braided hairstyle? How about the edgy bob braid or the box braids? These are both chic and eclectic which can add tons of charm to your personality. Depending on your face shape, personal preferences, and personality, you can choose the right length for the African American braided hairstyle. Making the right choice can highlight the wow factor in you. Check out our roundup of Braided Hairstyles for Black Women and find a fantastic collection of ideas for braided bob hairstyles and braids with a fringe, bangs to asymmetrical, layered or two-tone braids. Discover more ideas for braided hairstyles here.
Edgy Braided Hair for African American women
- Layered Bob Braids: Look chic in a tiny braided bob hairstyle. The inverted layers give this hairstyle a whole new look. The hairstyle has longer layers in the front that can add a classy look to your demeanor.
- Rolled Half Hairstyle: If you want a retro look, try the rolled up half hairstyle. Twist, pin and part your hair to wear the stylish “half updo”. Look for more stylish braided bun hairstyles
- Long and Thick Bob Braids: Sport versatile and sassy looking in thick and long braids that offer endless styling options, from ponytails to updos to buns. The thickness of the braids adds volume to the hair and makes it more manageable.
- Asymmetrical braids: The side parting of the asymmetrical braids gives a slimming effect to a round face and could be the perfect hairstyle for an African American woman.
Short African American Braided Hairstyles to highlight your wow factor
- Two-tone small braids: Pixie cut in bob braids offers many styling options. You can put them to one side, braid the bangs or roll them up into a “half pony”.
- Long and stylish braids: Many of the braided hairstyles are chin length, but the longer ones look great too. They can add the right amount of grace to your look.